Friday, September 22, 2017

Coffee Hop-Day 8-JessicaLynnOriginal Meets Newton

So it's almost time to wrap up the Fall 2017 Coffee Lovers Bloghop!  I don't want to talk about it... so here's what I put together this morning:


As soon as I saw that cute coffee and yarn image from JLO, I knew it was going to be fun!!  So I was driving home last night thinking about how I might use it first and all of a sudden this kooky idea started to form.


I thought.. it gets chilly in the Fall... even here... big difference between 100 and 75!  And it's when our thoughts start to turn to warm blankets, slippers, and yes... trendy sweaters and boots.  And then I thought about Newton... because I wanted to use some Newton stamps before the end of the hop.. and I thought I bet he gets chilly too!  So what if it was starting to bug him and of course Newton is pretty smart... so he starts thinking... hmmm... a sweater would be quite awesome... but he knew he was going to need coffee for this great undertaking!


Next day... there he is... in his beautiful sweater he knit with the help of his good friend, Coffee... I knew he could do it!


I mean, really, does it get any cuter than this??


or this????


And OMG... this????!!!!!


So as I was searching for the perfect sentiment, I came across this one from a fantastic Precious Remembrance set and it was perfect... 'cause I KNEW he could do it!!

The Newtons, the coffee cup, leaves and swirly stamps are from Newton's Nook, the yarn-Jessica's awesome mind at JessicaLynnOriginal, and the diecut leaves are from Lawn Fawn.

Thanks so much for stopping by once again!  This may or may not be my last post for this hop... might squeak one more in after work... but in the meantime, don't forget about this:


You can find more details on my Day 1 Blog post here!

Until we meet again!

23 comments:

Beverly S. said...

Love your idea on this one....Newton's Nook has such cute images...love the way you mixed him with the knitting one. CUTE card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my goodness!!! It's damn cute!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute, Lisa. Newton can come over to my house any time he wants to make coffee for me. SUPER cute card, girl!

Gail said...

Totally adorable with this lovely layout Thanks for sharing!

Lori Turner said...

Hee hee this is too stinkin' cute girl!!

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Fabulous :)

Christine said...

Wow, Lisa! This is just too cute! Love the sweaters as coffee cozies!

~amy~ said...

I might be wearing my down coat since I tend to freeze when I comment for several hours at a time. This is awesome...honestly I should go run and get my hat too.

Super cute card!

Trina P. said...

So cute. Combining these two companies is perfect.

New Creations said...

Oh gosh, absolutely sooooooo cute!!!

Eve said...

Super cute! Kitty, Coffee & fall, my 3 favs.! Perfect, and so cute, esp. the cat in a hat and a sweater, not to mention, a cat making some coffee. <3

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

SO adorable! And thanks for stopping by to say hello! : )

Becca Yahrling said...

NND has the cutest kitties, especially ones wearing a pretty sweater! Such a wonderful card & story.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hetty said...

Oh my so totally adorable and cute!!!
Whoever gets this will treasure it for sure...or are you keeping it (I would!!)

Shanna Slater said...

Incredibly cute! I love how you colored Newton :)

Thanks for sharing!!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your kooky idea. This is great!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!

Mitralee said...

Adorable!!! LOVE IT!!!

Marlena M. said...

This is so cute~I love the way your scenes POP!

Brenda said...

OH, my goodness, this is darling and I love the story behind it! Amazing card...I want some Newton stamps now =}

Scrapper69 said...

Seriously? the kitty with the percolator!! OMGOSH soooo CA-UUTE!! What a fun card! I LOVE the leaves & sweaters... ADORABLE!

Theresa

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh, love your gorgeous card...so much detail. And yes that Kitty looks adorable in his winter sweater!